Thursday, October 2, 2008

9 Months

Dear Julia,

           Thoughts of you filled my mind today.  I am grateful that I was able to think of you and smile.  I remembered the 9 LONG months leading up to your birth- and the even longer 9 months that followed.  I have come so far since that horrible night in January, but that doesn't mean I have left you behind.

          We have begun to tell people about your new brother or sister that, God willing, will be arriving in the Springtime.  Your dad and I are glad that people are happy for us, but also are determined that you are not forgotten.  A friend of mine asked me how we would, one day, tell your siblings about you.  I realized that we won't ever have to "tell" them about their older sister, because she will always be a part of their lives.   From your pictures, to your scrapbook, to our Sunday Candle Lighting- your siblings will grow up knowing all about their beautiful older sister.

         Now, more than ever, I hold you close to my heart.  

1 comment:

Amy said...

You are so right, Julia is woven into the fabric of your lives, and will be woven into future siblings lives, never kept a secret. no breaking of the "news" needed. Julia is a part of your family, just as any future children will be. You honor Julia in such beautiful ways, her siblings will love her so much!

Amy