Tuesday, February 3, 2009

29 Weeks and 1 Day ( but who's counting?)

I am officially going crazy.  

We went to the doctor yesterday, and I turned into a pouty 6-year old when my doctor mentioned the possibility of doing the c-section at 38 weeks.   I sternly reminded her that she told us 37 weeks, and after seeing the look on my face she frantically reassured us that this was still the case.

I used to really care what authority figures (this being the doctor) thought of me.  I liked to be nice and follow their advice...but not anymore.  I feel like I go into each appointment with a mission- remind  doctor that she promised me 37 weeks.  I don't want to hear about VBACS and the "recommended" time frame.  This baby will be coming out at 37 weeks.  

My big belly is impossible to ignore now, and the question of "Is this your first?" comes on a daily basis.  Today I was at a meeting and within 5 minutes, 2 people at the same table asked the question and I gave two different answers.  Imagine the surprise of the first lady (whom I had told it was my second) when I answered differently the second time.  I just don't have the energy to explain.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

I've been following your blog for awhile and just found out that we're pregnant (not quite four months after our daughter's stillbirth). I now understand your thoughts and emotions a little better. Praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby for you!