Monday, July 6, 2009

Damages

Josh and I have been watching the first season of the show "Damages" on Netflix. Tonight we put Isabelle to bed and curled up on the couch to watch the season finale. All through the season they have been showing flashes of the main character (Glenn Close) visiting a grave site. In this final episode we find out, early in the episode, that she gave birth to a stillborn child. Josh and I kept watching and didn't say anything- but in my mind I knew that there was going to be more to the story.

Towards the end of the episode they show a doctor speaking to Glen Close, and he tells her that she had a daughter who didn't live, and asks if there is a name she would like on the naming certificate. At this point they flash to Glen Close brushing the shrubbery off a gravestone to reveal the name Julia on a grave.

I immediately lost my breath and yelled at Josh to turn it off. We both sat there in stunned silence. And now I am sitting here feeling worse than I have in a long time. I want so badly to be able to blame this on someone. I asked Josh who recommended the show to us, hoping I could put all my anger on them- but we heard about it on our own.

Julia would have been 18 months old this week, and tonight I miss her more than ever. It took watching this show to remind me how much I miss my baby girl, and the guilt that comes with that is overwhelming.

4 comments:

R said...

(((hugs)))

caitsmom said...

((((hugs)))) It is so hard when these kinds of events occur. Sending lots of hugs. Peace.

mjshdiif said...

uldn't say anything."I put that cigarette out of her mouth and down. Still on the ground gave out:" then you smoke!" I looked at her reproachfully." I'm such people may teach a child what the West decide?" Her sad look at me," I must do Christian Louboutin Outletthe paternity test, I am not a child, I am not your uncle's child, I will not. I am twenty-eight years old West decide, I want to do another mother -- but I don't

rew on lid. Standing on the stage singing, I always think of the things I am afraid of lipstick, it will come back to find it was me, I was so afraid of side side, sing the song. I think I screw up. " Did not think of, the man asked me, you really is the first stage, a rare you are not artificial, face kind of sad facial expressions are natural, like many girls, a look that is fitted out.Zheng Don

39-year-old dancer and model talked to UK's Daily MailChristian Louboutin Women's D'orsay and though she seems to say the same types of quotables, Dita always manages to remain regally fixating. Check out my favorite quotes below."When I was a little girl, I was fascinated by lingerie. I used to sneak into my mother's lingerie drawer and steal her bras. I was obsessed with when I would get to wear those things."On reconstructing t

eed my glasses to see!Louboutin: Oh, absolutely. I put the antiques I find in the stores. I got the giant parrot from my Melrose store at the Rose Bowl!The first UK retrospective of iconic French shoe designer Christian LouboutinChristian Louboutin Women's Flatsat the Design Museum celebrates a career which has pushed the boundaries of high fashion shoe design.Louboutin's exquisite shoes, with their instantly recognisable glossy

usha.digitalinfo said...



Meenakshi hotel is the best hotel in jaipur, which is near of rail way station, it’s a reasonable luxury hotel which provide facilities in affordable rate. I think its more affordable hotel because it’s a heritage hotel also, once some one used to visit here I think no one can’t refuse for its facility best service.

economical hotels jaipur , best hotels in jaipur
economy heritage hotels , best budget hotels in jaipur
economy hotels in jaipur
affordable hotels in jaipur
jaipur budget hotel
online hotel booking in india
hotels in jaipur
jaipur hotel packages jaipur
discount hotels in india
hotel at jaipur
hotels in india
cheap hotels jaipur
budget hotels india
luxury hotels jaipur
railway station hotel jaipur
budget hotel jaipur
3 star hotels in jaipur
jaipur hotel packages
hotel packages
discount hotels in india
discount hotels
cheap hotels india rajasthan
cheap hotel deals
hotel near railway station
jaipur hotel packages
hotel packages in jaipur
railway station hotels jaipur
station road hotels jaipur
reasonable luxury hotels
budget hotels rajasthan
luxury hotels in jaipur
economical hotels in jaipur
heritage hotels
best luxury hotels
honeymoon suites
economy hotels
affordable hotels
heritage hotels
hotel query
hotels tariff
cheap hotels jaipur
Hotel Reservation
luxury hotels